GatenbySanderson, an executive search agency, has been appointed to assist with this appointment.
To apply for this post, you will need to submit the following documentation through this website by no later than Wednesday 3rd July 23:59 2019.
1. A CV setting out your career history, with key responsibilities and achievements. Please ensure you have provided reasons for any gaps within the last two years;
2. A Statement of Suitability (no longer than two pages) explaining how you consider your personal skills, qualities and experience provide evidence of your suitability for the role, with particular reference to the criteria in the person specification;
3. A completed Diversity Monitoring Form. All monitoring data will be treated in the strictest confidence, will not be provided to the selection panel and will not affect your application in any way. The completion of the Diversity Monitoring Form is mandatory but it includes the option ‘prefer not to say’.
Failure to submit both documents (CV and Statement of Suitability) will mean the panel only have limited information on which to assess your application against the criteria in the person specification.
Please ensure that both documents contain your full name.
Should you encounter any issues with submitting your application please get in touch with Emma Clark on 0113 205 6111.
Longlist and Shortlist
- Your application will be acknowledged automatically once you have uploaded the documents to the website. If you do not receive an immediate acknowledgement, please check your spam and then contact Emma Clark as above.
- A panel, including the hiring manager, will then assess your application to select those demonstrating the best fit with the role by considering the evidence you have provided against the criteria set out in the ‘Person Specification’ section. Failure to address any or all of these may affect your application.
- The timeline later in this pack indicates the dates by which decisions are expected to be made, and all longlisted and shortlisted candidates will be advised of the outcome shortly thereafter.
- If you are shortlisted, you may be asked to take part in a series of assessments that could include a media exercise and a staff engagement exercise. These assessments will not result in a pass or fail decision. Rather, they are designed to support the panel’s decision making and highlight areas for the panel to explore further at interview.
- You will also have the opportunity if shortlisted to have an informal conversation with our Chair, Martin Cave and one of our Non-Executive Directors.
- References will be taken up for all short-listed candidates prior to your panel interview.
- You will then be asked to attend an interview in order to have a more in-depth discussion of your previous experience and professional competence.
- Full details of the assessment process will be made available to shortlisted candidates.
Rosie Glazebrook, a Civil Service Commissioner, will chair the process. The Civil Service Commission has two primary functions:
- Providing assurance that selection for appointment to the Civil Service is on merit on the basis of fair and open competition. For the most senior posts in the Civil Service, the Commission discharges its responsibilities directly by overseeing the recruitment process and by a Commissioner chairing the selection panel.
- Hearing and determining appeals made by civil servants under the Civil Service Code (Appendix Y) which sets out the Civil Service values – Impartiality, Objectivity, Integrity and Honesty – and forms part of the relationship between civil servants and their employer.
More detailed information can be found at on the Civil Service Commission website: http://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk.
In addition to Rosie Glazebrook, the panel will consist of;
- Stephen Carter, Group Chief Executive, Informa Plc
- Martin Cave, Chair Ofgem
- Lynne Embleton, CEO IAG Cargo and NED Ofgem
- Joanna Whittington, DG Energy & Security, BEIS
- Regardless of the outcome, we will notify all candidates as soon as possible.